Sunday, May 10, 2009

Thank you to our Amazing Moms!

Andrew and I are so blessed. For so many, many reasons...a big one being the fact that we both have super-awesome-fantastic moms! We love you guys every day, but today is the day to give a special shout out to you and say "thanks" for all that you are and all that you do!

Our moms have supported us through years of successes and not-so-much-successes; loved us always (a challenging task at times!); and always been there for us. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! You rock! We can't wait to share our wedding day with you :)


One of the things that has been so much fun for me the past few years is that my mom and I have grown into not just a mom and daughter but also really close friends. Which makes living across the country from her hard....thank goodness for phones! There are so many moments that would be great to share in person...but then again, we have managed to share a huge number of amazing times in the past few years and learn a lot about one another along the way. Like the fact that my mom has an AMAZING cheering screamy voice at triathlons! To look at her, you wouldn't think that such a great cheer could come out of her little body :) I remember the first time I heard it....at the 1/2 Ironman in Stony Plain, AB....I think everyone in transition took note! And that she is a fantastic "doggie grandma"....I know all about those pots that you let Lucy lick out after dinner :) Thanks for EVERYTHING, Mom.

PS - Our Dads rock too....but your official day isn't until June :)

No comments:

Post a Comment